Thanks for stopping by! If you want to know more about my current work, experience, and some aspects of my personal life, please browse the pages on the site.
In case of any question or further information, do not hesitate to drop off an email to the following address: email@example.com
My current research interest is at the intersection of Artificial Intelligence, Knowledge Engineering, Logic, and Semantic Web.
In the not so old days! interested in Data Mining, Trust and Reputation Mechanisms, Social Network Analysis, and Financial Engineering
* Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Computer Science, 2013 – cont.
Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada
- Ongoing Research: “Handling Partial Knowledge by Plausible Reasoning on Large-Scale Databases Using Semantic Web Technology”
- Relevant Courses: Knowledge Engineering, Management of Distributed Data
* Master of Science (MSc), Information Technology (IT) Engineering, 2010-2013
Amirkabir University of Technology (Polytechnic), Tehran, Iran
- Dissertation: “Context-based Trust Inference in Social Networks Using Data Mining Techniques”
- Relevant Courses: Machine Learning, BI, Intelligent DSS, e-Commerce Systems, e-Payment Systems, Financial Management
* Bachelor of Science (BSc), Information Technology (IT) Engineering, 2005-2009
University of Isfahan, Isfahan, Iran
- Senior Project: “Implementation of an e-Auction website”
Data Exploration in the Web 3.0 Age (DEW) conference track at 27th IEEE International Conference on Enabling Technologies: Infrastructure for Collaborative Enterprises (WETICE’18), IEEE, Paris, France, 2018.
Workshop on Artificial Intelligence with Application in Health, 16th International Conference of the Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence, Bari, Italy, 2017.
Journal of BioData Mining, 10 (7), 2017.
A Semantic Web-based Approach to Plausible Reasoning for Improving Clinical Knowledge Engineering Conference
IEEE International Conference on Biomedical and Health Informatics, Las Vegas, 2016.
Proceedings of International Workshop on Biomedical Data Mining, Modeling, and Semantic Integration: A Promising Approach to Solving Unmet Medical Needs (BDM2I2015), 2015.
ISecure Journal, 5 (2), pp. 171-187, 2013.
Research Assistant and Mobile Application Developer, Sep. 2013 – present
NICHE Research Group, Dalhousie University
- Conducting research on knowledge mining and artificial intelligence in health informatics
- Acquired fundamental knowledge in Healthcare and Medical-care systems
IT Analyst, Financial Designer and Developer, Feb. 2012 – Sept. 2013
COMPUCO Inter Swiss Affiliation Company, Tehran, Iran
- Developed risk management system in banking industry including: credit risk, liquidity risk, currency/stock market risk
- Developed business intelligence in banking industry including data gathering/cleaning/representation (BI Dashboard)
- Provided/Improved IT solutions for credit scoring system
- Achieved extensive expertise in programming (SQL Server, C#, and ADO.NET) and financial engineering
IT Analyst and Developer, Jul. 2010 – Apr. 2011
Shahlai Industrial Group, Tehran, Iran
- Analyzed, designed, and developed industrial automation system
- Set up a data management system on distributed data including backup/restore, data replication between office and plants
- Broadened my proficiency in software development, including SQL Server, C#, and ADO.NET, and software design
Instructor, Dec. 2012 – Aug. 2013
Computer Engineering Department, Abrar University, Tehran, Iran
- Lectured Information Security course
Teacher Assistant, 2011 – 2012
Faculty of Computer Engineering and IT, Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
- Information Security and e-Commerce Systems Engineering
Bio & CV