Skip to content
Post Doctoral Fellows
- Borna Jafarpour. Research interests: Semantic Web; Health Informatics; Clinical Decision Support Systems; Soft Computing.
- Sangwhan Cha. Research interests: Mobile Computing; Software Engineering; Parallel and Distributed Computing; Big Data Analysis; Health Informatics.
- Newres Al Haider. Research interests: Ontologies; Reasoning; Software Engineering; Graph Mining; Graph Databases; BigData.
- Greg Michael Lee. Research interests: Artificial Intelligence; Personalized Information; Machine Learning.
- Ali Daniyal. Research interests: Automated Planning; Clinical Workflow Modelling and Analysis; Semantic Web; Semantic Web Services; Machine Learning.
- Abhinav Kumar Singh. Research interests: Medical Text Analytics; Data Mining; Ontology Engineering; Semantic Web; Health Informatics.
- Borna Jafarpour. Ontology Merging Using Semantically-Defined Merge Criteria And Owl Reasoning Services: Towards Execution-Time Merging Of Multiple Clinical Workflows To Handle Comorbidities, Dalhousie University, December 2013.
- Samuel Stewart. Knowledge Translation In Online Communities Of Practice: Utilizing Social Network And Semantic Content Analyses To Link Healthcare Practitioners To The “Right” Knowledge Sources, Dalhousie University, December 2013.
- Syed Sajjad Hussain. K-MORPH: Knowledge morphing via reconciliation of contextualized sub-ontologies, Dalhousie University, March 2011.
- Wasif Hasan Baig. A semantic web based knowledge management framework to model behaviour change constructs for generation of personalized action plans, Dalhousie University, September 2015.
- Amina Russel. Shared Decision Making: Managing Non-critical Chronic Illness by Combining Behavioural and Decision Theory with Online Technology, Dalhousie University, 2015.
Winner of the 2015 Steven Huesing Award!
- Ahmad Marwan Ahmad. Research interests: Knowledge Translation; Professional Behavior Change; Health Informatics; Clinical Decision Support Systems; Knowledge Management; Healthcare Systems; Clinical Epidemiology; Health Services Research.
- Ehsan Maghsoudlou. Research interests: Clinical guideline based decision supporting: Utilization of computerized clinical guidelines and decision supporting engines to support clinical decision making.
- Hani Nabeel Mufti. Research interests: Data Mining; Big Data; Data Analytics; Knowledge Management; Clinical Decision Support; Patient Outcomes Research; Shared Decision Making in medicine & Patient Centric Care.
- Nelofar Kureshi. Personalized Medicine: Development of a Predictive Computational Model for Personalized Therapeutic Interventions, (Co-Supervisor), Dalhousie University, August 2013.
- Ali Haider Zaidi. An OWL Ontoogy for Modeling HL-7 Compliant Electronic Patient Records for Chronic Disease Management, Dalhousie University, December 2012.
- Shirin Sharif. Characterization of a Longitudinal Care Plan Model For Managing Chronic Diseases: A Care Plan Ontology to Computerize Paper-Based Care Plans, Dalhousie University, April 2012.
- Nima Hashemian. Modeliing Clinical Pathways as Business Process Models Using Business Process Modeling Notation, Dalhousie University, March 2012.
- Syed Farrukh Mehdi. Exploiting Semantics and Syntax for service Specification and Signature Matching: The S5 Web Service Matchmaker, Dalhousie University, December 2011.
- Mostafa Omaish. Ontology-based Knowledge Model for an ACS Management Clinical Guideline: Handling Updates and Institutional Priorities, Dalhousie University, December 2011.
- Ashraf M Iqbal. An Ontology Based Electronic Medical Record for Chronic Disease Management, Dalhousie University, February 2011.
- Ryan Duggan. Knowledge Management Framework for Integrated Virtual Clinics, Dalhousie University, April 2010.
- Brett Taylor. Interactive Syndromic Surveillance Using Visualization Techniques, Dalhousie University, August 2009.
- Muzammil Bashir Ahmed. Ontology Modeling for Nursing Care Plans and Clinical Practice Guidelines, Dalhousie University, April 2009.
- Shapoor Shayegani. Knowledge Modeling to Develop a Clinical Practice Guideline Ontology: Towards Computerization and Merging of Clinical Practice Guidelines, Dalhousie University, September 2007.
- Katrina Hurley. Practice-Oriented Knowledge Abstraction in Development of an Ontology to Model Clinical Pathways, Dalhousie University, May 2007.
- Philip O’Brien. Semantic Web Approach for Context-Aware Knowledge Sharing, Dalhousie University, March 2007.
- Selana Davis. Personalization of Cardiovascular Risk Management Using Linkages of SCORE and Behaviour Change Readiness to Web-based Education, Dalhousie University, August 2006.
- Aliko Mwakatobe. Information Personalization on the Semantic Web Using Reasoning, Dalhousie University, August 2006.
- Yan Zeng. Pursuing Information Personalization as a Constraint Satisfaction Problem, Dalhousie University, December 2005.
- Zeina Chedrawy. PRECISE: A Hybrid of Item-Based Collaborative Filtering and Case Based Reasoning for Contextual Information Personalization, Dalhousie University, July 2005.
- Sanjun Yan. Using Unsupervised Learning Methods to Sub-classify Optic Disk Damage Images, Dalhousie University, April 2005.
- Xuan Hu. Evaluating Discretization Techniques to Discretize Visual Field Data, Dalhousie University, April 2005.
- Qingshuang Jiang. Discovering Generalized Symbolic Rule from Un-annotated Data: A Hybrid of Rough Sets and Attribute Oriented Induction, Dalhousie University, April 2005.
- Jin Yu. A Hybrid Feature Selection Method Classifying Optic Nerve Images, Dalhousie University, April 2005.
- Brent Jones. Leveraging Clinical Practice Guidelines to Develop Objective User Models for Customizing Healthcare Information to Manage High Cholesterol, Dalhousie University, September 2004.